Apr 2, 2011

how do i tell her?

What is it that scares me so much about telling my mom the truth? we used to stay up for hours with me just talking and telling her everything. I don't even know what changed in me to make me stop talking to her. I tried tonight. i walked into her room and stood in front of her chair and looked at her. she was bust knitting and barely even noticed me, but i wanted to tell her. I needed to tell her, i just couldnt. I couldnt even tell her i kissed the guy i have been in love with for 7 years. the guy she knows i liked and maybe even still knows i like him. maybe she questions what i have done with him and is scared to ask. but really, how do i even bring it up when i havent honestly told her anything about my personal life in years.. where to start?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is hard to have an honest relationship with your parents, especially at first, but I think it is worth it in the long-run. One day my mom asked me what I had done the night before, and I said, "Do you really want to know? Because we can be at an important place right now. If you want, from now on when you ask me, I will tell you the truth, but you have to understand that if you don't want to know, you shouldn't ask. And I am not saying this to be disrespectful, but because I respect and love you."
That conversation made all the difference.