Oct 10, 2010

Love

Last night I had a night that made me enjoy life for a few hours. I got to spend. With my best friend and her husband. On our way home from our evening she was telling me about a night she had spent with her daughter. She had been sitting in the living room reading when her daughter came in feeling glum and sat next to her. She could tell there was something wrong and had the overwhelming feeling that she needed to say something. So she leaned over, kissed her on the head and said "one day a boy is going to love you the way your father loves me" and her daughter burst into tears. They then continued to talk and unload for the next few hours. I can only hope/strive to have someone love me the way she and her husband love each other. It breaks my heart to think of a life without that kind of love.

No comments: